August 16, 2011

Yo Yo

I’m battling my weight this summer and so far the pounds are winning.  Here’s the problem:

  • I’m cooking dinner every night.
  • I’m trying new recipes.
  • We have left-overs for lunch.  That makes 2 big meals a day.
  • The cookies, whoopi pies, buttermilk muffins, buttermilk syrup, and caramel frosting have been big hits.
  • We had a 3 day family reunion with 5 big meals.
  • We went to Education Week and Big Sky.
  • We went camping and ate well all weekend.

But I’m really tired of seeing the same pounds creep back on, so I’m doing Weight Watchers (unofficially) with a friend.  The accountability and support help a lot.  She’s doing great!  She’s also writing down everything she eats, and trying harder.  I’ve been up 3 times and down once.  Hopefully I’ll get fully engaged mentally with this process because:

  • Our summer guests are moving out and I won’t be cooking so much.
  • School is starting and I won’t have time to try new recipes.
  • A different routine and schedule has to be better than the one I’ve been on this summer.
  • I won’t be traveling or celebrating as much.

I’m putting it down in writing here to help get me on track.  I’m sure all three readers of my blog will be waiting anxiously for updates.  I’ll keep you posted.

No comments: