August 28, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

I’ve had several birthdays on the first day of school, and those are my favorites, because it’s always a fun and exciting day – one of the best days of the year. My second favorite birthdays land on Sunday.  I never want a lot of attention or a big gathering, or a celebration.  I want a day when where I can do anything I want, and that’s usually not much.  I want a good meal, some cake, simple presents, and time to relax.  The day of rest is good for relaxing.

This year was great because church isn’t until 12:30.  I slept in, relaxed, read the paper, took time getting ready.  I taught the lesson in Relief Society and I was nervous.  It’s been many years since I’ve been in RS.  Everything went well and everyone was nice.  I heard an elderly sister say to her neighbor, “she’s so cute”.  That made me feel a lot younger than 54.

We came home from church and had a pasta dinner.  What can be better than pasta.  After dinner I made cupcakes for my school class, with caramel frosting.  Yum.

To top off the day there were visits from my parents and a couple good friends.  It was the best.  I like being 54.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday.
Love Melissa Nakaya