August 01, 2011

Sunday Speakers

I didn’t want to miss church on the last Sunday of July because the month has been filled with the best speakers.  Brother Rockwood has been rocking the sacrament program.  But the branch in Big Sky did not disappoint.
First of all, they only have a two hour block, sacrament meeting, gospel doctrine, and a primary or YM/YW meeting.  I told Terry I want to move there.  We hit a missionary homecoming.  The branch president’s son had just returned from Las Vegas.  He was outstanding.  When announcing the program, they said that he would take the remaining time, but he could take as little or as much time as he wanted.  “This is Big Sky.  We’re pretty casual up here.”  I told Terry I wanted move there again.  I’m pretty casual.  At the end of that meeting we all turned our chairs toward a blackboard for Sunday School.  There were 32 people in the room, and only 1 was from Big Sky.  The branch presidency comes 55 miles from Bozeman each week.  They need us in the Big Sky Branch.  I want to move there. 
Oh, and they fed us chocolate cake that had thick icing like fudge right after the meetings.  It was left over from a Friday night social.  I really want to move there.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Wow, they had me at chocolate cake; let's move there together!! :)