August 16, 2011

Mom's Gift

It's my mom's birthday.  Every year my sister and I check out Arts in the Park for the perfect gift.  We usually go in on something together.  This year I went with Mom to Arts in the Park, and the only booth that she was tempted by was an artist, Julie Peterson, who painted pretty little flowers and birds.  I went back to the booth later that day and bought Mom a couple little prints.  One for summer, and one for winter. 

I returned to Arts in the Park the next morning, early, so I could get a good parking place.  A lot of the booths hadn't even opened yet.  I had just ordered a scone for breakfast and I looked across the way and saw my sister and her husband.  They had just arrived too, but Nan had already bought something for Mom's birthday - a little print of birds and flowers from Julie Peterson!




It was freaky!  I guess Nan just knows Mom.  I'm sure she'll love her birthday gifts.  I just need to order another frame so that the collection is cohesive.
 

No comments: