August 03, 2011

Under Construction

You might have noticed the Reading and Thinking tabs at the top of the blog.  There's also a Cooking page tab that is saved in my drafts.  Don't bother checking them out.  I was wanting to add to these pages like I do with the home page, but these pages are static, which means they are just one page and they don't change.  I may think of a way to use them, or I may figure out how to delete them.

I'll probably keep track of my reading, and what I want to read, by using Good Reads.  I'll start a new blog for my recipes and cooking adventures.  I might have another blog for quotes and thoughts that I want to keep.  This is a little insane though since I already have 3 blogs and 4 Shutterfly web sites that I try to keep up, and I'm always behind.  I started with the thought of just doing something for family history.  I've found it's really good for me to write.  But when?

The other part of my blogging lesson has been partially successful.  I've used Windows Live Writer on this computer, and the pictures upload fast, I can make collages, and I can see what the post will look like while I'm working on it.  I was able to add all three of my blogs too, but when I tried to install it on one of the other two computers that I use, it was a mess.  Microsoft installed all kinds of things, but I couldn't find Live Writer.  It took Terry 40 minutes to uninstall all the dreaded Microsoft stuff that he hates.

So the blogging lesson gets two stars out of five.  I learned some things, but I don't know if I'll be able to use much of that knowledge.  I'm not giving up though.  I'm going to have Stacey give me another lesson on customizing all the background and header.  That should be easy.  Everyone does it.  If it goes well, I'll get one more lesson on making a blog book.   

No comments: