August 21, 2011

Blessing of Cleanliness

I am thankful to live in a time and place where clean water is readily available and modern conveniences make it easy to live clean.  I love bathing every day, washing my hair, washing my hands (a lot), and brushing my teeth.  It’s refreshing.  It’s a blessing.  I love crawling into bed with clean sheets, clothes that are ironed crisp, scrubbed bathrooms, and the shine on newly mopped floors.  I like the tracks left from vacuuming, shampooed carpets, and washed windows.  I like to sweep the front porch and spray off the patio.  Being clean and being surrounded by clean, feels so good. 

I didn’t do much spring cleaning, but our houseguests moved out on Friday, so we moved back into our own bed this weekend.  I enlisted the help of Terr and we did two days of summer cleansing before we settled in.  It was good to move things, go through things, eliminate clutter, and organize.  I’m thankful for my home and all my things.  I appreciate everything more when it’s dusted, wiped, scrubbed, and polished.  We’ve worked hard and slept well the last few nights. 

No comments: