August 25, 2011

First Day of School…Again

We started school on a Wednesday this year.  I’ve been going back to school every year since 1963.  The only time I didn’t have a first day of school was in 1992 when I substituted here in Boise, but didn’t have my own classroom.  They blur together, but it’s always an exciting day.  High hopes!

007  Here’s my empty classroom.  It’s looks better when the kids arrive, in their new clothes, with new school supplies, and all their excitement. 

This year I have a BSU intern for the whole first semester.  She’s darling and will be a big help.  I have 19 boys and 10 girls in my class.  It might be a little more active.  Good thing there will be two teachers.  We hit the ground running.  We’ll be changing classes for language, writing, social studies, and math within days.  I have 90 names to learn and 90 kids to get to know.  It’s always fun.  Everyone is on their best behavior in the beginning.

No comments: