August 11, 2011

Around the Town of Nampa

I’ve lived in Boise for 19 years, but I can’t find my way around Nampa.  I have family that lives there, but I only visit once or twice a year usually.  (We really are a close and loving family.)  Anyway, I ventured over to Nampa and had quite a drive about. 

First stop was at All That Jazz, a little house on the corner of 16th and Roosevelt, where Kierra is now a professional hair stylist!  She gave me a back-to-school haircut, so I won’t have to return shaggy.  We talked all about Cole and Santanna’s wedding and romance.  Santanna is Kierra’s sister, Cole is my nephew, and Kierra’s married to Cole’s brother.  Confusing?  Weird?  I think it’s going to be fun for all.

My second stop was at Idaho Bag Lady where they sell Switch-Flops.  I bought a silver pair (40% off), and two straps that were on sale.  I’d been to the shop before, but this time I had a hard time finding Nampa-Caldwell Boulevard.  It’s a big street.  I never saw the sign, but I did drive fairly directly to the shop.

I met my sister for lunch close to the school where she works.  I overshot the parking lot of Chapalas and had to turn around, but I think I could have driven right to her school.  I also found the hospital.  I’m feeling more confident about navigating Nampa.  It would still do me well to look at a map.  And it will be best if I visit in the daylight.

2 comments:

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

How come I didn't know you had a sister who works at a school in Nampa? Don't tell Jana you came to Nampa and didn't stop--oh wait, she reads this blog. Hi Jana.

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

Yes, I know that 'how come' is not acceptable, standard English. School hasn't started yet.