August 17, 2011

New Obsession

Stacey told me at the beginning of the summer that I needed to get on Pinterest.  You can save and organize all of the ideas that you come across on the internet in one place – recipes, crochet patterns, crafts, thoughts, or anything that you love.  You don’t have to download to the desktop or bookmark or put in your favorites anymore.  You set up little bulletin boards for whatever categories you want and then start pinning things on your boards.  Now when you click on one of your ideas, you’re automatically linked back to the source (the tutorial, the blog, whatever).  You can also look at all of the amazing things that other people are putting on their boards and repin them on yours. 

The only way to get set up on Pinterest is to go through Facebook or Twitter.  This presented a problem for me.  I’m not doing FB.  Finally I opened a Twitter account and put nothing on it.  I can probably ditch it now that I’ve set up my Pinterest site.  It’s already apparent that this new obsession will be a time sucker, but very useful and fun.  Check it out.  I can send you an invite if you want.

1 comment:

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

Send me an invitation and then show me how to do it and then do it for me, please. Thank you!!