August 02, 2011

Makes You Wonder

I neglected to mention a few weird things from our trip.  Here’s a list:

  • These construction vehicles parked along with other cars in visitor parking spaces.

003

  • We saw a dead beaver in the middle of the road up by Big Sky.  Why would a beaver cross the road?
  • I’ve seen watch for livestock or deer crossing signs before, but never a bighorn sheep crossing sign.  I kept my eyes peeled, but I didn’t see any sheep.  I would have liked to.
  • We were behind this big F 150 on the way to Bozeman.  Why would you buy one in New York and drive it out West?  Just ‘pick-up’ one when you get here.034
  • There were only 2 or 3 exits in Bozeman, but as we were leaving town, we couldn’t find a gas station to save our lives.  We drove from the U of M campus out to the middle exit, through all kinds of shopping centers, including a Costco, but couldn’t see a gas station.  Finally on the far side of the exit there was a little mini-mart with pumps.  This is a business opportunity for somebody.
  • In a ranch outside of Livingston, Montana, we saw a pasture full of llamas.  I’ve see farms where a few are living.  They’re a nice hobby or FFA project.  There must have been 75-100 of them in this field.  It made me happy.  They (along with quail) always make me think of Dr. Suess characters.

No comments: