August 09, 2011

I Need to Pay Attention

When I started this blog, I had read and listened to Henry B. Eyring’s talk about keeping a journal.  He wanted to record every day events that would show God’s hand working in his life and his family.  He wanted his children to be able to recognize it and to be grateful for these blessings.  It would build their faith.  I wanted to include spiritual experiences like this in my blog.  As I look back, I haven’t focused on spirituality and gratitude much.  I have kept something of a journal which is good.  This blog is always evolving though, so it may become a record of more spiritual things.  I just need to be more spiritual and more mindful.  I’m a good person, and pretty smart, but I tend to not notice and not think.  I need to be more thoughtful.  My lacking in depth is just laziness, in combination with my easy-going nature. 

Today a person came to our door and delivered a $299 check.  It was completely out of the blue.  An earnest prayer had been said that morning and this was an answer received loud and clear.  It was very moving.

I want to be more observant and in tune.  Spiritual experiences shouldn’t have to be so blatant.  I want to recognize little, daily ones.

No comments: