August 16, 2011

This is What Summer’s About

I’ve been wrapped up with family, cooking, and a little sewing this summer.  It’s been great, but we arrive at the middle of August, I realize I’ve been to lunch once with friends and once with my mom and sister.  That’s just not right!  Now in the four days before I report back to school I have to squeeze in what I’ve been missing. 

Monday I went to lunch at Willow Creek with old teacher friends.  We spent 2 1/2 hours on the patio.  Also on the patio were teacher groups from Liberty and Valley View, and a couple colleagues from the district office.  (Everyone must be thinking the same thing I am.)  I came home long enough to get something ready for the family dinner, then left for the movies.

It was perfect.  I love movies in the late afternoon.  I love the Flicks.  I love Woody Allen.  Mary and I went to Midnight in Paris.  I loved the movie - the shots of Paris, the clothes, the humor, the music, and Earnest Hemingway. 

This is what a school teacher’s summer day should be like.

No comments: