July 05, 2012

Modern Hotel

We checked into the best hotel in Rexburg while we attended Education Week at BYU-I.  That's not saying a lot because there aren't a lot of hotels, and in our experience, only the Marriot Springhill Suites is nice.  At the desk they asked if we wanted a room with a view.  Terry almost laughed, thinking there wasn't really a good view of Rexburg.  As it turns out, we were able to look across farm fields to the temple.  At night the temple is lit, and the view was beautiful.

Our hotel had fun, happy, decor.  I haven't been in the Modern Hotel in Boise, but I think it might look like this hotel.

I loved the carpet down the hall - my favorite green.  I want the little sectional to be my next couch.  They had a great desk with sliding windows so that you could close so as not to disturb someone sleeping.  The bathroom was two separate rooms with sliding doors - toilet and sink, shower and sink.  My favorite part was the bathroom mirror - inside the frosted circle was magnified.  The desk lamp had little USB connections at the base.  Terry had to figure out the i-home to set our morning alarm. 

The whole place was very modern/European.  It was a great place to come back to.  There's not much to do in Rexburg, so we loved getting in early, firing up our laptops, checking e-mail, and watching the Olympics!

No comments: