July 07, 2012

CRAZY Cousin!

Counting both sides of my family I only have eight cousins.  Three of them are my age, which was a lot of fun growing up.  I was closest to my cousin Robert, who always had a bigger, louder, personality.  As kids I remember when he and I and my sister rode in the little storage space behind the back seat of his dad's VW bug.  I also rode on the back of his Bearcat (60's form of motorized dirt bike) on an obstacle course in the vacant lot behind his house, and on his shoulders while he rode his unicycle down the road in front of his house.
Fast forward many years (he's 55 this month) and he's with his grown son, RUNNING WITH THE BULLS in Pamplona, Spain!  What?!!  Who would do that?  Can he run fast?  Did he train?!!  Don't people die every year?  Don't they report every day on how many runners were gored?




His son served a mission in this part of Spain and wanted to return and run with the bulls, so Robert signed-up with him.  Is this any kind of explanation?  His son is married with a child and a pregnant wife.  It's crazy!  Exciting, and maybe fun, but in the end, just plain CRAZY!

No comments: