July 10, 2012

Gold Lamé Shoes

I have a glamorous friend that shows up at school (even when we're camping at Cascade) wearing 10-15 rings, multiple bracelets on each arm, necklaces (often along with scarves) multiple big earrings, big hair, make-up, always a well done mani/pedi, and heels.  She doesn't own a dress or skirt, always pants with a blazer or jacket of some kind, never a subdued color.  She's beautiful and has the personality that can carry off all this bling and flash everyday. 

My friend shops almost exclusively at thrift stores and garage sales.  She shops for anyone that will give her their size or a list.  Last spring she found me a pair of shoes on clearance for $6.  They came with embellishments that you can change by snapping them on and off.  She picked out the snaps the that she thought I'd like.  I have leopard print bows, gold flowers, and green and diamond gemstones.  Here they are:
These are shoes that would work perfect for my friend, but they're just not me.  My plan was to paint the gold lamé part a brown or bronze.  Wouldn't that look better with the twine finished heels?  I don't know if I can, but I think I'll try - later.  Right now, I've been wearing them with my green dress to church.  They're not me, and I feel a little self-conscious, but they're also fun.  So for the rest of the summer I'm going to forget the shoes and just be self-conscious about my ugly white legs.


No comments: