July 12, 2012

Google Yourself

After finding the otter book, I decided to find out how famous I really was.  I googled myself and found this article in the Palo Alto Times (home of Standford University where my brother went to medical school):

http://www.paloaltoonline.com/weekly/morgue/news/2000_Mar_8.PEOPLE08.html

You don't have to read the long article.  This is the important part:  In 1996, Judy Swain was appointed the Arthur L. Bloomfield Professor of Medicine and Chair of the Department of Medicine at Stanford. In this capacity, she manages an $80 million budget, 175 faculty members, and 200 interns, residents, and fellows.  Swain is widely known in the field of cardiology and pioneered the use of transgenic animals to understand the genetic basis of cardiovascular development and disease.

Very interesting.

No comments: