July 08, 2012

The House that Sold on Lolo Pass

We drove by to check out the house that Bry and Amee should close on next week.  Actually, we did more than drive by, we got out, went to the front door, walked all the way around, and looked in every window.  The people who moved out left a bunch of stuff.  I don't know if they're going to be back to collect some of it or not.  They had food in the pantry, canisters and a pitcher on the counter, some video games on a shelf unit, a lawn mower out back, planter pots on the porch, and a trashed patio set.  I hope they leave it all because even though the cushions on the patio furniture look like a big dog had his way with them, I think they could be sanitized, recovered, and the rest spray painted.  The pots in the front were pretty too.

I really don't want to be any kind of meddling step-mother-in-law, but I could just see all these projects that need to get done right away.  Amee is tied to Isaac, and Bry is at work all day.  If they close on Monday, Terry and I have four days before we leave on vacation.  I just want them to give us the keys.  Amee and Isaac could come over and help, and Bry could check in after work, but I want to help them clean, paint the pink room a better color for Isaac, cut the grass, weed the front garden, and get some kind of shelf system in the garage before the big move.  They might not let me, and they might not want me butting in, and I might not have the energy to even do half of it, but I have a vision - and a plan.  New houses are so exciting.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

If they won't let you meddle in their yard then DRU and I have no problem with you meddling I n ours.