July 09, 2012

Lunch at Locavore

I went to lunch with friends Mary and Lydia today.  We met in Bowns Crossing.  It was so close I could have ridden my bike over, but it was over 100 degrees.  We ate at Locavore and it was yummy.  I like it when everyone orders something different.  Lydia had one of my favorites, a portabello panini, so I couldn't have that, but it sounded really good.  Mary had another of my favorites, an Aunt Pat, which is turkey sandwich with mango chutney (or sometimes apricot marmalade).  I chose a panini with ham and swiss which was very good.  Locavore is right in my neighborhood, but I was the only one who hadn't been there.  They use a lot of local produce and foods.  I'll take Terry back because they have a salad sampler.  He always wants to go get a salad.  I always want something hot.

Here's the best of our lunch conversation:
  •  A review of HGTV shows we like, and use to like.  We all still miss Trading Spaces.
  •  Book reviews - what we're reading.  I want to read the Cleopatra book that Lydia is reading, but   it's over a thousand pages.  I don't think it will happen.
  • BBC movies and TV shows.  I need to do Netflicks, or at least go to the library for Pirot and a few others.
  • I need to see both Marigold Hotel and Moonrise Kingdom.
  • I told them about my cousin running with the bulls.
  • And the #1 hot topic...Lydia's sister-in-law knows people who are members of the same country club as Katie Holmes' parents.  When they first got together, Lydia reported at one of our Oscar Night parties, that Katie's parents were not happy about it at all.  Now Lydia is leaving for a family wedding and she'll be getting the scoop for us straight from her sister-in-law, who is friends with people who are friends of Katie Holmes' parents!



No comments: