July 06, 2012

Some More Yard Work


Terry built me a garden box and stained it green.  We transplanted our tomato plants and bought a cucumber and a chili pepper.  We don't expect a big harvest since we got it planted on the 4th of July, but just wait 'til next year.  Our box has a bench on the front so that when we get a little fire pit, you'll be able to sit there and roast marshmallows.  Our yard is itty-bitty, but we have it all.

Terry's front yard project was a little corner fence.  It matches the railing around our porch.  This project was a harder than the garden box.  It took quite a bit of digging, leveling, and math.  I know it will look great when I finish planting and all of the plants grow to their full height.  We still may need a tree.  The only thing left from our old tree, are a few logs that are stacked in the back.

I've hauled rocks to make a short retaining wall around a mound of perennials.  They need to grow more.  We're getting down to very little grass.  I'm about done with my outside projects this summer.  I have ideas, but they'll have to wait for next year. 

I love the pattern on the director chairs.  It ties the whole back yard together.  Terry wanted to get beige ones because they wouldn't fade.  I think it's just the price you have to pay for a happy yard.

No comments: