March 01, 2015

Freedom Weekend...not

Terry was in Utah for three days and I thought I'd have a wild weekend where I could do whatever, and eat whatever, and watch whatever, and wear whatever I wanted.  Not really a wild weekend.  I meant to stay up until 11:00, drink a diet soda without guilt, watch David Letterman for the last time, and wear my pajamas all day, but that dream just didn't work out....

The first night was a school night and I had grading to do.  Friday was a crazy, long day. 
My school has an Art Night which is a big production.  Every hall in the school is covered with black paper and student art (I'll post pictures later).  They have high school orchestra students come and play, and have Jr. high students from National Honor Society serving hors d'oeuvres.  I like seeing all the amazing art projects, but they're better viewed an hour before the event.  The halls are too crowded to even move in.  This year our principal wanted as many teachers as were able to come and support the PTO.  I left school at 4:00 to meet my visiting teacher partner for some visits, and then got back in time to get a parking place, and stayed until 8:00. 

I was exhausted when I got home.  It was too cold for a diet soda, and I couldn't stay awake. I did sleep in and had a relaxing morning, but Terry was anxious to be home, so he left SLC at 6:00 PM in a snow storm, and cut my freedom weekend short. It was nice going to church with him the next morning, but I'm still longing for a wild weekend of alone time.  

No comments: