March 26, 2015

Spring Break - Day 4

I wish I had taken my camera with me today.  The sun was out and every tree was in blossom.  Before I left the house I had read for a couple hours, made some healthy cookies, caught up with a friend on the phone, and caught up my ironing.

Then I met Mary at the Boise International Market.  There's a big space in an old strip-mall where they rent out space to different people and groups.  There are places to eat Mexican food or Indian food, little markets like one from Bhutan, tea shops, coffee shops, hand made clothes, hats, bags, and beautiful fabrics.  Today we just explored.  I want to go back sometime to buy, eat, and experience more of the place.

Our next stop was in Eagle.  We walked around their old downtown and found lots of cute things in a home decor shop.  We wanted to try a new restaurant and ended up at the Bodacious Pig BBQ on the patio.  The food was great (or I was just hungry) and we watched all the people and bike riders enjoying the perfect day.

On the way back to Boise, I stopped and checked out the Model Home Furnishing store.  I thought I'd just see if they had a couch or chair that I liked.  I loved the whole store.  I found the couch and chair, plus pictures, rugs, light fixtures, bar stools, dining room chairs, cabinets, end tables, and more!  I want to sell everything and start over at my house.  They have really nice stuff and the price is amazing. It was fun to dream!

Final stop before home was a quick visit with Mom and Dad.  They had a little family news, and I scored 3 books, 3 tote bags, and a stack of catalogs....for more dreaming.

No comments: