March 01, 2015

Out to Lunch

Stace and I went out for a long lunch on Saturday.  I've been dieting, so it was great to just eat, but a relaxing afternoon, a long talk, and my first visit to the Village made the whole thing even better. We ate at Zupas, a new sandwich/salad/soup place and I didn't go off my eating plan by much. My turkey artichoke pesto sandwich and berry salad were great.
It was pretty crowded and loud when we arrived at 12:30, but we found that if you sit around and talk for a couple hours, the crowd thins out.  We even had a celebrity sighting - Kellen Moore.


I never get together with just Stacey, and that needs to change.  We have a lot in common, and plenty of family stuff that we can talk over.  She also has a lot of ideas and projects going on that inspire me.  Right now, I'm inspired to clear out stuff and tackle some home decor projects over spring break.  I want my house to look like it's been staged to sell.  It was a great afternoon.  She did say that they're contemplating a move to Arizona.  It would be great for them, but I'll be regretting all the opportunities we've missed and all the long lunch afternoons we didn't spend together.


No comments: