March 29, 2015

One Weekend Left

Just two days left until we all start back to school.  It's been relaxing, enjoyable, and beautiful.

Saturday - slept in and read books in bed.  I finished my third book this week.  I've started two more.  I wish I was a person that kept my Good Reads account current.  I never think I can write a review.  I should at least give the books I read a star rating.  I have a couple friends on Good Reads and I love reading their reviews.  I always want recommendations, but I'm not insightful enough to write a good review.

Terry and I went for a walk around the neighborhood.  I definitely need to start a new exercise and walking routine on Monday.  I was going to walk or workout all during spring break, but we ended up with just a couple walks.  I have more weight to lose and I'm sure more daily activity would speed things up.

I went to a bridal shower for one of the girls in the ward that use to be in YW when I worked with them.  She and a couple of her friends use to stay overnight in our bonus room.  It was fun to see her and her sister (who's first baby is due in two weeks).  They're both beautiful and all grown up.

I also attacked all the weeds on the side of the house, did the wash, changed sheets, and went grocery shopping.

Sunday - Fast Sunday.  It was a good testimony meeting. One woman shared that she has taken the word "discover" as her theme for the year.  I like that!  I want to use that in some way.  Right now she's trying to discover who she is. She said that one of Satan's tactics, that he uses against us, is getting us to change what we think about ourselves, and to change how we think our Heavenly Father sees us. She had been to a Time Out for Women and was working on discovering the truth of who she is, and how Heavenly Father sees her.  Good thoughts.

Another woman spoke on her testimony of family.  I liked that.  I think the family unit is one of our greatest blessings.  It's definitely one of mine.

A man mentioned that there are reasons for all things.  He was struck by a speaker last week that mentioned returning to church with her young daughter and sitting on the opposite end of a bench that was occupied by a man and his young son. Though she wasn't interested, the kids ended up playing and drawing pictures together during the meeting, and the couple ended up getting married and raising a nice family. There are no coincidences. The Lord is guiding all of us.

I struggling a little with Sunday School.  We have two different teachers that trade off.  One is excellent, the other is not even close to that.  Today we had a substitute and it was painful.


No comments: