March 15, 2015

Book Review

I just finished listening to this book:



and I didn't think the writing or the reader of the audio book were very good, but I really liked it.  The author also wrote Pay It Forward, and this book is also hopeful and makes you feel good about how good people are.  I related to it in part because the main character is a teacher who can't help but help out a couple kids.  The characters travel through several national parks and it also made me want to visit Zion, Bryce, Arches, and Yellowstone early in the morning.  I want to camp in the parks so that we can be hiking and seeing sites at first light, before the crowds.  I want to read all the information in the visitor centers, go on tours with the park rangers, and learn a little about science.  I don't want to be on a schedule, just stay until we feel like leaving, and have plenty of time to just sit and be and soak it in.  

I wouldn't recommend this book to others, but I really liked it.  I'm trying to figure out why.

No comments: