March 08, 2015

Sunday, March 8th

I've decided that I'm not going to be the dumb one at church every week.  In class they ask for an example of a spiritual experience or an answer to prayer, and I can't think of any! Other people (and not only the intellectuals) make insightful comments that are deep.  I need to dig deeper and ponder.  That's why I've decided to step-up my scripture reading to scripture study, and to take notes during sacrament and the other meetings.  

So this was my favorite quote from church today:

Let us not be satisfied to live our lives without knowing Christ. The comfort of his Spirit enables us to walk a different path, in the direction we wanted to go before we came to this earth, a way that brings us more light, knowledge, ability, and joy each day. Finding this path and following its course is the only real treasure in life.

From Elder F. Enzio Busche - Liahona, Aug. 1980

No comments: