June 13, 2012

Summer Plans - Part 3

My Weight Watchers meeting today was about setting summer goals.  Here are some thoughts from the first page of our weekly pamphlet:

 Scott said that it was years before he realized that his goals weren't realistic, so he couldn't stick with them.  He recommended breaking down a goal until it's small and something he'll actually do.  He also said to incorporate one new thing at a time.  Once that's secure (or at least not "wobbly"), add another.  Finally, he said to get through today.  It's easy to feel overwhelmed if you think about the future too much.  Today is what you have to work with.  When you get enough "todays" in place, you'll have changed your life.

It all makes sense.  It makes me think of all my summer plans, and I think I'm doing everything wrong.  I guess I'll just work with each day this summer.  I should easily meet small parts of several of my goals, but then again, it might be a wobbly summer.

No comments: