June 22, 2012

Friends of Summer


http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41WhfiF5FOL._AA115_.jpg     Tuesday night was book club.  I loved the book.  I was leery about even reading this book, The Well and the Mine, because it begins with a baby being thrown down a well.  It also takes place during the depression in an Alabama coal mining town.  Depressing.  But it wasn't.  It was sweet and funny and real.  Great author with a great name, Gin Phillips.  I love Kay's yard.  I love sitting around visiting with friends.  I also loved the still warm lemon bars.  
Wednesday was a birthday party for a book club friend at Smoky Mountain Pizza.  We had the patio to ourselves for most of the 2 1/2 hour lunch.  It was so relaxing.  This is what I've been waiting for all during the school year.
Friday night Terry and I went to dinner at Green Chili with Karren and Rich.  Once and a while I have to let Terry join in the fun.  Great food and great friends.

No comments: