June 03, 2012

Big Plans, Maybe Too Big

I have so many things that I want to do this summer, but the biggest thing is to relax and enjoy.  If I'm relaxing too much, I won't be able to accomplish too many big plans.  We'll just have to see how this goes.  I'm going to make the most of each day... or at least half the day.  There are so many things scrambling around in my head, I've decided to jot a list down here, then check back at the end of summer vacation.  I don't think I can accomplish too many top 10 lists, but it sounds so much better than top 5, so here they are:

  • Loose 10 pounds (twice would be nice).
  • Sew 10 items, mostly clothes for me, but this is problematic because I want the clothes to fit me when I've lost the weight.
  • Complete 10 home projects, including:
  1. Make a bed skirt
  2. Tie a quilt.
  3.  Enlarge photos and frame for the bedroom.
  4. Get new bedspread
  5. Touch-up the paint in Ty's room
  6. Shampoo carpets
  7. Get containers and organize the pantry
  8. Clear out the loft and redesign it
  • Complete 10 yard projects, including:
  1. Pathways on each side of the house
  2. Little fence in front (help Terry and paint)
  3. Little rock wall and plantings in front
  4. Paint furniture on porch and get a rug
  5. Add rocks and stepping stones in back
  6. Garden box (help Terry, maybe paint, plant)
  7. Add wall and yard art
  8. Paint furniture and fence in back 
  • Complete 10 projects for school, including:
  1. Renew my teaching certificate!
  2. Go through and organize files
  3. Go through and purge cupboards
  4. Go through and organize student library
  5. Figure out a Canada unit (that's interesting)
  6. Meet with the teachers on my team
  7. Figure out the grammar component I'll be teaching
  • Read 10 books (might be finishing books and/or audio books) including:
  1. The Well and the Mine (Book Club)
  2. The Princess Academy (Book Club)
  3. The Thirteenth Tale (Book Club, *most excited!)
  4. The Importance of Being Earnest (Book Club, May's selection that I missed)
  5. Girls Like Us (Carly Simon, Carol King, Joni Mitchell, *excited!)
  6. The River Between Us
  7. Rhett Butler's People   (finish)
  8. The Invention of Hugo Cabret
  • How much can one person do?  10 more miscellaneous projects, including:
  1. Start blogging again! (They can't be long like this or I'll never be able to keep it up.)
  2. Learn the 1940 census and start indexing again.  (I should do at least 10 batches.)
  3. Figure out some family history stuff so I can help my friend with her Irish ancestors.
  4. Figure out my i-pod again, especially how to get audio books on from the library.  (I haven't used it for 3 years.)
  5. Figure out how to borrow Kindle books from the library.
  6. Figure out how my students can access research materials from the library online.
  7. Crochet Isaac's baby blanket
  8. Crochet a throw for Tanner
  9. Crochet baby booties (3 pairs)

  • Complete 10 Pinterest projects (This could overlap with the above projects!)
  • Try 10 Pinterest  recipes (problematic again with the weight loss)
I also have to fit in 5 days with Ty, a week in Big Sky and Education Week in Rexburg, a few days in Ketchum, a trip to the Twin Falls temple, a trip to the Family History Library in Salt Lake, time with grandkids, First Thursday events, farmers markets, yard sales, a few movies, and relaxing lunches with friends and family.  Wow!  This will be interesting.

No comments: