June 12, 2012

Summer Plans - Part 2

At church yesterday I was thinking about my post on summer plans.  I definitely have too many, but still, I neglected to list any spiritual goals or church plans.  I do have some.  Part of me doesn't want to list things because it's too personal.  I also think it will be pretty lame to list just 10 things I want to do this summer that are "good".  In truth I want to do something to grow spiritually and serve everyday, but mostly I think I'm just doing the normal things that everyone else is doing, and any effort or growth seems so miniscule.  It's pretty humbling to look at a short list for the summer and think how ridiculous it is that it's all I can fit into a summer.  It's sad that it's a stretch.  That being said, here's some of the things (not the real personal ones)  I'm thinking about : 

  1. Catch-up (get ahead) on the Sunday School reading assignments.
  2. Read the Daughters of My Kingdom book for Relief Society.
  3. Renew my temple recommend and go. (Spend a day in Twin Falls.)
  4. Go to Education Days at BYU Idaho.
  5. Feed the missionaries.
  6. Feed others that are in need.
  7. Index.
  8. Print my fan chart, check names in New Family Search, and maybe learn how to start researching.
  9.  In person visits for to everyone I visit teach all three months.
  10. Sew Conker pillowcases for the humanitarian center.

No comments: