June 30, 2012

The New Adventure of Old JoAnn

They've remodeled the JoAnns right up the street from me, and had a special promotion for 4 days.  On Thursday, Friday, and Saturday I was at their door at 9:00 when they opened.  They gave $5 gift cards to the first 50 customers each day.  I also had a bunch of coupons and they had a bunch of sales.  I bought yarn, a planter box, thread, and two pieces of fabric. 

I made a dress with one piece.  It was fun being able to sew on Saturday.  It was my first time behind the sewing machine since last summer.  The dress was super easy, and the best part was it fit.  (I'll have to model and post pics later.)

My best deal was buying 2 1/3 yards of fabric ($19.99 a yard) and 2 skeins of bamboo yarn ($4.49 each) and spending $12.64!  It was extreme couponing - sort of.  I'm making a bed skirt out of the fabric and slippers out of the yarn.  It's been a fun adventure at the new JoAnns.

 

No comments: