June 02, 2012

Best Start to Summer

Yesterday was the last day of school and instead of ending with a celebration, or even a quiet dinner with Terry, I ended with a headache.  I went to bed with 3 Advil and a cool washcloth over my eyes.  But today...is the first day of summer and everything is great.  We were up early for the yard sales in Harris Ranch, Surprise Valley, and East Meadow Park.  I love garage/yard sales!  What a great way to start the summer.  We found a bike for Brent, a crib for Isaac, and I got a belt, a new little fry pan, and two sweaters that I'm going to make into hats.  (It's a Pinterest project.)

In the afternoon I went to Ava's baptism where she wore a beautiful white dress.  ( I need to get back in the habit of taking my camera with me.)  We went to a barbecue after, and I got to visit momentarily with Fredee, Phil, Barb, Marisa, Sean, Carolyn and Ashley.  The Adams family arrives in town 30 minutes before the baptism, and they all left right after dessert - except Ashley who had a flight out the next day.  Maybe we'll get in more talk time this summer.  It did make for a great start to summer - yard sales, family, and good food.
   

No comments: