March 06, 2011

Tailgate

I've been to meetings, rallies, and town halls.  We've wore buttons, made signs, and e-mailed legislators.  Yesterday I went to a tail gate party and rally in the rain.  This is what I've concluded.  As upset as I am about these anti-teacher bills, it would be a lot easier to handle if I wasn't dieting.  What fun is tailgate party if you cant eat the hotdogs, chips and cookies.  (There was even a cremated dog left on the grill.)  When I'm leaving the State House damp and cold, it would be great to stop at Flying M with friends for hot chocolate and a big scone.  Every time Terry has joined me, we drive past Chicago Connection on our way home.  A pepperoni, mushroom pizza would comfort me.  I'm just saying, this legislative session and this diet have been a double whammy.

No comments: