March 01, 2011

Girl's Night with the Academy

I've been going to Lydia's Academy Award party for over a decade.  She's the best host.  Her house is gorgeous.  Her basement is just real (with wood paneling).  It's the most fun.  The food is fabulous.  The TV is big.  The commentary is quick, sharp, and witty.  There are games, prizes, ballots, gift bags, and boas and boyfriends.  Best of all it just a Girl's Night.

Drinks are spread out on the treadmill.  We all bring food to match our favorite movie, and go home with a bag of movie candy prizes, Hershey kisses for each time we see our movie star boyfriend, DVDs, bling, bottles of wine, and more.
 
This year the food winner made cupcakes decorated like the martians from Toy Story 3.  I brought shrimp because all the daycare kids were shrimps.  It was a stretch, but it worked for my diet.  Jan brought chicken on skewers that was suppose to be squirrel meat from "Winter's Bone".  They were good and worked for my diet too.

My boyfriend was Keith Urban, I had 13 correct picks (middle of the road), won a book, Six Weeks to a Hollywood Body, and didn't bring home a bottle of wine because I still haven't used the one from last year. (I was going to cook up some great sauces with it that I learned how to make at one of Rebecca's classes.)  Best Picture for "The King's Speech" was a unanimous pick for us.  We loved the dresses and Anne Hathaway.

Next year will be the same - GREAT!  You just can't mess with perfection.   

No comments: