March 17, 2011

Gratitude

It was mentioned at church that the youth speaker, a twelve year old girl, had heard a conference address by Henry B. Eyring a couple years ago, where he spoke of writing a journal where he recorded blessings.  He felt it was important to his family that a record be kept of the evidences of the Lord's hand in his family's life.  I remember that talk and how it really struck me, but I didn't do anything about it.  This young girl did.  She started writing about a blessing in her life, or something she was grateful for every day.  She has stuck with it ever since.  I'm so impressed with that.

I might not record things every day, but I do mentally go through my blessing and express my gratitude to my Heavenly Father through prayer.  I'd like this blog to be a record of blessings and gratitude too.  So here are three things that I am grateful for today:
1.  The McClure family in Georgia.  They have it together, and they are a happy family.
2.  My fifth grade teacher, Mrs. Thomas, who read Rifles for Watie to us.  I'll never forget the book, and I've used it to entice reluctant boy readers.  This month another one had success.
3.  The missionaries in Japan are all accounted for and safe after the earthquake and tsunami.  A miracle.

No comments: