March 08, 2011

Going to Church is Good

On Sunday our bishop talked a little about the good experiences he has had going to church through the years.  He called the experiences sweet; a place where he found peace and comfort.  He also found love and caring from his ward family.  This is just how I feel.  Going to church is good.  There were years when I went to church in California, sat on the back row, and silently disagreed with some of the things being said, but then it dawned on me that Sunday was my favorite day of the week.  It was peaceful and happy for three hours in church.  I loved the people that were there.  I want my son and step-sons to know that just going to church is peaceful and sweet.  It's good to go every week.

Our new RS presidency has chosen, "As sisters in Zion we all work together" as their theme.  In their first lesson they had all of us brainstorm what our perfect world would be like.  Everyone listed things like being safe, fairness, working together, caring about one another, good health, beauty, and on and on.  Then we listed all the things that are keeping us from living this "Zion" life.  We had things like greed, selfishness, lack of time, and several things that would fall in the category of "the natural man".  Then our president talked about working together now to build a perfect world.  When things were listed in front of us, it was easy to see that there were many things that we can be doing right now.  I'm going to make a list of things that I can do and start.   

No comments: