March 19, 2011

Opera in Boise

One of the students in my class had a lead in Opera Idaho's Children production of Mikado.  It's a Gilbert and Sullivan opera that I would guess was  popular at the same time as the Hope and Crosby roadshows.  Terry went with me today to the matinee.  He was thinking at intermission that they probably should have paid us $10 dollars to sit through it, but there were some redeeming moments.  The Green Show featured a little kid chorus and they were pretty good.  It was held in the Egyptian and I love that place.  I also love kicking around downtown.  If only it was a little warmer.  My student did a nice job.  He's very dramatic, talented, and mature.  He wants to be a director someday.  I think he's going to make it.  I'll be able to say I knew him when.

1 comment:

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

Well, since my daughter just barely told me you had a blog and listed it on hers (the only blogs I read are ones I can get to from hers--I really am pathetically lazy), I had not been reading your entries. I have now. Every one. I liked them!! So now, I'll read Jana's, my daughter-in-law's and yours! Btw, I wouldn't have brought you sugar cookies for Valentine's Day if I'd known you were on a diet! Since I only make cookies once or twice a year, it won't be a recurring problem. Neither will blog-length comments.