February 13, 2011

Today is the 12th anniversary of our sealing.  Brother Hessing, a long-time home teacher of mine, and friend, was the sealer.  He talked to us a bit about Emma Smith and Joseph, and read out of the Doctrine of Covenants.  Hearing about Emma was meaningful to me.  The most amazing part was Ty, in first grade, coming into the sealing room with big wide eyes.  He was taking in everything there was to see.  He remembered all the pictures on the walls.  I wonder what he remembers of that day now.

It's been a good day.  Everything was calm and there wasn't a rush about anything.  I like Sundays when we don't have 9:00 meetings.  I watched a DVD, A Celebration of Family History, while I ironed this morning.  I've been so moved by that DVD.  I spoke in sacrament and it was good and Terry was proud.  I sat between my two visiting teachers on the stand, one was giving the prayer, and the other was leading the music, so they did their visiting teaching.  Our ward put in a new RS presidency and they are amazing women.  I'm excited for them.  Now I'm going downstairs to eat strawberries.  It's a good day.

2 comments:

Jana said...

First off, happy sealing anniversary!

Secondly, you have a blog now, hooray!

Thirdly(?), I'm so glad you're counting that as my mom doing her visiting teaching, because I'm sure she counted it!!

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

I did NOT count it because I'm the tiniest bit afraid of my VT companion. Even though we've been to Disneyland together as chaperones for a choir trip and I like her a lot, she's pretty strict about some things. And for what it's worth, so am I. I don't even count sending notes in the mail. I, unfortunately, don't have any aversions to having a 0% listed by my name some months.