February 20, 2011

Thursday

I drove to work on a sheet of ice.  The forester was sliding around and it took twice as long as usual to make the drive.  Our company left today, but by the time they got on the road, the sun was out and everything had melted.  Reed and Carolyn were the easiest guests ever.  They brought their own special food and Terry took care of all the cleaning, bedding, and everything else.  I left before they were up each morning, so I just visited with them for a few minutes each night.

I was exhausted though by tonight.  It's hard to start the week with a big deal like Valentine's Day, have company, be evaluated, go to book club, and get-together with family.  It felt like Tuesday should have been Friday.  This has been two weeks squeezed into one.  So tonight I just sat and watched American Idol.  I didn't even try to correct some paper during commercials.

Usually  I don't like country music, but I do like John Wayne what's-his-name on Idol.  He's made the cut so far.  And on Sunday the new Amazing Race starts and my favorite team ever, the cowboys, Jet and Cord, will be back on.  So I have a couple months to watch 3 cowboys.  Yipee ka yo! 

No comments: