February 06, 2011

Super Bowl XXVI

Domino's Panther #22
I don't know who played in Super Bowl XXVI; I'd have to look it up in Ty's baby book.  I do know I was in labor all day.  Ty was born on Monday, but there must have been some football in his blood.  He always knew all the stats, had watched all the old games on ESPN Classics, and loved that his birthday would fall on the Super Bowl.  But it never did.  When he turned 4, his birthday was on Saturday, but '96 was a Leap Year.  That meant that the next year, his birthday was on Monday again.  He would have to wait until he turned 10 for a Super Bowl birthday, however, 9/11 postponed NFL games by one week and ever since they decided the first Sunday in February worked better.  I always think about Ty's being a Super Bowl kid, but he really isn't.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Oh, I love Ty! I used to try to impress him by matching NFL team locations with mascots (and thanks to Quinn's influence, I usually did pretty well!). Is he still a Tennessee Titans fan?