February 20, 2011

Diet and Exercise

I've been whimping along with P90X.  Everyone in my family is powering through these DVDs with Tony Horton's extreme exercise program.  We have a chin-up bar, yoga blocks, and room to work out one at a time in Ty's old room.  We check in with everyone's progress.  I think Ty is probably killing all of us.  He was doing workouts like crazy during Christmas break and soon after that he started doing doubles (twice a day).  Stacey and Mike are probably in second place.  I'm definitely in last.  I do the two bonus workouts on the introduction DVD.  They're shorter than the real thing, and I modify.  I've done the KenpoX, but all the kicking and punching is too violent for me.  I've tried the YogaX twice, but I only like the last 42 minutes of the 90 minute workout.  The first 48 minutes are crazy-town; and I thought Yoga was calm.  So the only workout I really do is the XStretch, which I like.  I get up around 5 to workout whimply.

Part of my problem is that I'm dieting at the same time.  I think I need more calories and more energy.  But what I really want is less fat and less weight, so something has to give.  I am sticking with it though until I get back to my Weight Watchers goal of 2008.  I'll be ready for summer.  I think all the P90Xers in my family will stick with it too.  They'll be ripped in 90 days.

No comments: