February 04, 2011

Amazon Arrival

My two books arrived!  The first is The Journey Takers which is for my book club.  It's part memoir, part family history book.  I think I'll really like it, but I'm lending it to a friend first since she has to lead the discussion and I won't get it finished in time anyway.

The second is The Death and Life of the Great American School System -How Testing and Choice Are Undermining Education.  Sounds dry, but I think it will just get me all fire-up.  Tom Luna, State Superintendent of Idaho Public Schools, has me all fire-up, and the legislature, and the Statesman, and the Katherine Albertson Foundation, but I'm really too busy teaching to attend all the hearings, town hall meetings, and forums.  I'll just read, pray, and e-mail my new senator, Mitch Toryanski.  Hopefully after reading the book, I'll be able to write an intelligent and persuasive e-mail, instead of just a hot one.

No comments: