February 21, 2011

Spiritual Decline

I noticed that on Sunday when I caught up on my posts, I didn't have anything remotely spiritual to say - no gratitude, love, service, prayers answered, good speaker, or anything that struck me during a lesson.  My problem yesterday was that I had read the morning paper which got me all fired-up and my stomach knotted-up about the lunacy that is going on concerning education in the state of Idaho.  It took any virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy thought out of my head.  For the next while, I've resolved not to read the Sunday paper until Monday.  My spirit and my stomach can't take it.  I've further resolved not to read any more full page ads from the ignorant Meleluca man on any day.  This might not completely restore my spiritual health, but with a combination of prayer and scripture reading I'll pull through.

No comments: