February 01, 2011

It's a New Day

See what I mean.  It's hard to pick the best of the bad.
And a better one by far.  My three art moms taught my class all morning while I was at a meeting.  The best part was that I didn't need to plan anything.  I just took roll, told them to be respectful listeners, and left.  The sixth grade teachers had a productive meeting and the principal brought us a basket of chocolate to snack on.  I'm quite a fan of the new mint 3 Musketeers.  My class studied Egyptian art, which was pretty timely since the country is in chaos at the moment, and their museum was broken into yesterday, and treasures were destroyed and stolen.  The class painted Egyptian murals on plywood, stolen from the dumpsters at Micron.  They learned how to write their names in hieroglyphics and signed the murals around the edge.  It sounds pretty cool, but I think they needed more time, or more instructions, or maybe more talent.  I'll take a picture of the best one and post it.

No comments: