February 03, 2011

Coming Soon...

 
My Big Movie Ticket Invitatation on the fridge.
I met my friends at Cafe Ole today after school.  We usually just drink diet cokes, eat chips and salsa, and talk.  The conversation is almost always the same - updates on our kids (which is usually funny), our travels and adventures (this is usually just Lydia) reality TV (+ Glee, Modern Family), movies (again, mostly Lydia), and books.  Sometimes we talk about school and sometimes politics, but mostly we're trying to escape all that.  The best thing about today's get-together was receiving our invitations to the annual Oscars Party!  I'm busy thinking of a salad or dessert that goes with Toy Story 3.  I've won in the food category twice; once for a hollowed out "head" of cabbage (with veggie dip) for Silence of the Lambs, and then for a champagne glass with long curled celery sticks (with veggie dip) for The Devil Wears Prada.  I also received rave reviews for my upside down, mini chocolate cupcakes with caramel frosting, but did not win because there wasn't a movie.  I only have a month to figure this out.  I don't like potatoes, and I don't want to eat Mr. Potato Head in any way.  I might have to switch to Social Network, but without seeing the movie, it's real hard to come up with a salad.

No comments: