September 16, 2011

Mom's Gift

It's my mom's birthday.  My sister and I usually scout out Arts in the Park and find something we can go in together on.  This year I went to Arts in the Park with Mom.  The only thing that tempted her was a booth where an artist, Julie Peterson, painted little birds and flowers.  Later that afternoon, I went back and picked up a couple little prints for her - one for summer, and one for winter.

The next morning I returned to Arts in the Park, early, so I could find a good parking place.  A lot of the booths weren't even opened yet.  I had just ordered a scone for breakfast when I spotted my sister and her husband across the way.  Nan had already found the perfect gift for Mom, a print of little chickadees and roses from Julie Peterson.




It was freaky!  I guess Nan just knows Mom.  I'm sure she'll love the gifts.  I just need to order another frame so that the little collection will be cohesive.


No comments: