September 10, 2011

Arts in the Park

This is my favorite Boise Event.  I love the art.  I love Julia Davis Park.  I love the big shady trees, they long grass, and the rose garden.  I love the time of year and the weather.  I love the kettle corn, roasted nuts, and caramel apples.  I love going with my family and going alone.

I met Mom, Dad, and Andrea at 9:30, a half hour before things were really suppose to open.  We started at our traditional place, the cinnamon roll stand.  Later we stopped shopping and had diet cokes at a picnic table and watched the people.  Before we left for lunch, we picked up cinnamon almonds and pecans.  Dad buys everything.  We love having him come along.
Money Bags purchasing diet cokes.

We did make some purchases besides the food.  Mom found a necklace and earrings to wear to Cole and Santanna's wedding.  She doesn't have the outfit yet, but she's pretty sure the aqua jewelry will work.  I actually went to Arts in the Park three times this year.  Once with the fam, and twice alone.  I bought some half price earrings for $8, a set of glass plates for a wedding gift, four grandchildren Christmas gifts, a birthday present for Dad, and a birthday present for Mom.  I spent the rest of my food budget for the month, but I do have a big bag of kettle corn left over.

No comments: