September 07, 2011

Love Story

My reading time is usually just before I go to bed.  It makes me sleepy, so it's difficult to get through too many books.  I try to read one a month, usually the one for my book club, but even those are often half finished.  Even really good books take me forever to read.  Last weekend I devoured one.

This wasn't the best book I've ever read, and it's not the kind of book I usually read, but the planets just aligned.  I couldn't put it down and I've been thinking about it ever since.  It's written by Ree Drummond, a long time blogger.  I had visited her blog a few times, but now I want to keep up with her even more.  The book is The Pioneer Woman Black Heels to Tractor Wheels.


It's the story of meeting, falling in love, courting, getting married, and having a baby.  It's a love story.  She's funny and it's a feel good book.  It reminds you what falling in love feels like, and how you should feel about your man.  Besides, it's a cowboy story.

I hadn't heard about the Black Heels book, but just a couple weeks ago I had bought her cookbook for my friend's birthday present.  Before I gave it too her, I had tried a couple recipes.  They were very good.  I've been told though, that I tried the wrong ones.  Her cinnamon roll recipe is suppose to be life changing.  My friend took them to a church event and was asked to give up her job and just make cinnamon rolls for a living.  I'll have to give them a try.

1 comment:

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

Don't loan me any love story books. I'm trying to be sensible.