September 03, 2011

Chocolate Mess

Mom took me to Salon J for a pedicure and out to lunch for a belated birthday.  Of course it was fabulous.  My toenails now have an orange/bronze tint for fall.  I’m pretty sure I want some sort of massage chair for Christmas.  I’ll get one for Terry, then share it with him.

Our first choice of lunch spots was closed for Labor Day so we ended up around the corner.  The quiche was fine, but we had a problem with dessert.  They squirted pretty caramel and chocolate squiggles on the plate and heated the caramel brownies, but it didn’t work.  At first, both brownies melted into batter.  The second try looked better, but still tasted like batter.  My mom doesn’t ever eat batter because of the raw eggs (I think), but I love cookie dough, cake batter, muffin batter, and brownies.  I did not like the batter brownie though.  My family is well-known for its sweet tooth.  We can polish off anything with sugar, but this day, both my mom and I left a melted chocolate mess on our plates.  We made it through more than half of our dessert, but later that night we commented on how it really made us sick.  This is a first in our family. 

No comments: