September 25, 2011

All Day Date

Terry and I went down to the Twin Falls temple on Saturday.  We had to leave a little after 7:00 to make our 10:00 appointment.  I had been through the temple at the open house a couple years ago, but I had forgotten how much I liked the decor.  The furniture has modern lines.  The colors scheme has a lot of green, blue, and gold, with a lighter wood finish.  While waiting, I tried to think how I could implement the decor into my house.  It would have to be more casual.  I wouldn't want a house that beautiful.

The session was really nice.  I'd missed not going to the temple.  Actually the drive down and back was nice too.  I read information for my RS lesson, and Terry gave his input.  We also had some lunch at a good Mexican restaurant right on the main drag.  We didn't make it back to Boise until after 3:00.  It was a very nice all day date, but our fun wasn't over.

BSU was playing Tulsa so we went over to my parent's to watch with them.  Our pregame eats included Dad's special burgers.  He remembered his dad making burgers for a fundraiser back in Ashton.  He'd tried his own version of half hamburger, half sausage, and a bunch of cheese mixed in the patties.  They were mighty good.  We also had spicy humus dip with Fritos, dill pickles, Snickers and cinnamon bears.  Awesome eats!  BSU was awesome too.

No comments: