September 12, 2011

Family History

This is the year that I get serious about family history work.  Little things have been spurring me on all year.  Progress is slow, but I'm on the path, headed in the right direction.  At church I signed up to start the family history class next week.  I've taken this class two or three times and I've gotten nowhere, but this time they are teaching it different.  I'm positive that I'll be able to figure out some way to do some kind of family history work.  My greatest desire would be to actually do everything that you have to do to get a family name ready to take to the temple.  I really, really, really want to know how to get one of those pink cards on my own.  It might be a ways down the road, but by the time the Boise Temple reopens in a year, I want to do the work for a name that I have found.

The Relief Society lesson was on temples and family history work.  A couple comments really struck me.  One person said that as she learns about her ancestors, she begins to know who she really is.  I need to know more about who I am.  Our RS president testified that doing family history work is a way to save your family.  I think that's a good deal.  Spend time doing something that's interesting and fun, and you can rescue some family members in the process.  I'm doing it!

1 comment:

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

I really want my own pink card, too. I got to do my mother's work which was the best thing ever, but I've never turned in anyone else's work to be done.